An electric oven is a baking chamber, it is either part of an electric range or standalone appliance without the cook top. The thermostat on your electric oven regulates the temperature, most of these ovens have two heating elements one at the bottom and one at the top for great baking.
Although electric ovens are typically reliable, there are still things that can go wrong these include:
- Elements may burn out
- Switches may not turn on
- Capillary tube may be out of alignment
- Temperature control may not be accurate
- Door may not close properly
- Self-clean does not work
How can you identify the problem?
- If your oven doesn’t heat at all, make sure a fuse has not blown or a circuit breaker stopped working. Make sure you test the oven a few times to make sure it doesn’t work.
- If the oven doesn’t keep the selected temperature, check the capillary tube or test the temperature control.
- If self-cleaning doesn’t work try to re-close the oven door and try it again before looking for a malfunction issue
- Physical damages occur to appliances, if your oven door is giving you trouble and won’t close, replace the springs or the door gasket.
Over time electric ovens have become more sophisticated and are highly desired by homeowners in Spruce Grove. Over time, these appliances tend to malfunction and homeowners have to be prepared for this.
If you are a homeowner in Spruce Grove and you think your oven is beginning to break down, do not hesitate to call Paramount Appliance Repair technicians at 1 888 661 3305 or click here for more information now!