Preparing dinner is an important aspect of making a house a home. But what will happen to dinner if the main course won’t bake evenly, your oven door won’t close, or, worse yet, your stove won’t turn on at all? The answer: havoc. Then, possibly panic. To help prevent an oven tragedy from happening in your home, here are some stove repair troubleshooting tips to help you in case contacting a professional is not possible.
Oven Will Not Heat
We’ll begin with the worst case: your stove will not heat at all. This problem can be related to several internal and external elements. Some of which you can remedy on your own, while others will require the help of a professional technician.
- Bake element not heating.
- Burned out broil element.
- Power supply (check the plug).
- Circuit board or relay board.
- Defective thermostat.
- Igniter issues (for gas stoves).
- Heat selector switch.
- Safety valve or pressure regulator.
A little less taxing than a stove that doesn’t function at all, but no less annoying for the home cook seeking perfection, is when cooked items aren’t being heated evenly or thoroughly.
Interestingly, however, the host of problems that can stop an oven from turning on altogether, can also be the same culprits that cause faulty functions. They include: bake elements, igniters, control boards, heating elements, the thermostat and so on. Finding the solution can take some time.
- If your oven light is out, it could just be the bulb. However, if changing the bulb doesn’t work, it could also be the assembly or something internal (including circuit board issues).
- If your oven door is loose or won’t close, have a close look at the hinge. Is it faulty? If so, replace. If your glass is cracked, the door will need to be removed, the glass replaced, and the door re-attached.
- When the oven fan won’t turn off or on, it could be the fan’s motor. But it could also be circuitry, or even the thermostat.
Please proceed with caution before ever undertaking any aspect of repair that could put you in harm’s way. If you are uncertain as to whether you can fix the problem associated with the stove in your Edmonton home, contact us instead. Our friendly technician will be glad to help you with all of your stove problems to make sure your holiday runs smoothly.