Help, My Oven Won’t Bake Evenly! Tips for Oven Repair in Sherwood Park
If you notice your oven consistently baking unevenly, you should contact Paramount oven repair in Sherwood Park! Everyone is quick to blame the baker, but when your oven is consistently rewarding your strict recipe compliance with food that’s raw on the inside and burnt-crispy on the outside, it’s time to take a look at your appliance.
Paramount’s Oven Repair in Sherwood Park would like to share 5 tips for oven repair to use the next time you notice that food isn’t baking evenly.
- Bake element burn-out. If the baking element burns out, the oven is forced to heart itself using only the broil element. This one-sided heat source causes that uneven bake that has been driving you crazy! You can diagnose this issue by sight alone. Just look at the bake element: if it’s working properly, it should be glowing red-hot. If you don’t see a red-orange glow, then your element is not heating, and you’ve got a problem. You can inspect the element for holes or blisters to confirm any damage.
- Igniter issues. When your oven ignited starts to wear down over time, it takes longer for it to open up the gas valve. When this is allowed to happen, the oven temperature drops too low during the cooling cycle, which can affect whatever food you’re trying to cook. All it takes to identify a defective igniter is your own two eyes. Watch your ignited in action – if it glows for 90 seconds or more without igniting the gas flame, it’s time for a replacement. When scheduling your oven repair in Sherwood Park, mention this to your technician and they will have the problem solved in no time.
- Broil element breakdown. This problem is similar to the bake element issue described earlier. When your broil element breaks down, it puts extra pressure on your bake element to heat the entire oven. This gives you another uneven bake, just from a different direction. If the element isn’t visibly glowing red, it isn’t heating. You can inspect it for any damage, but you know enough by eye – inform the technician responsible for your oven repair in Sherwood Park to save some time on your same-day service.
- Temperamental temperature sensor. This problem is difficult to test on your own, but you can usually deduce that it is an issue if the temperature is inconsistent in your oven without any visible problems with the elements or ignited. To test this properly, you need an ohm meter, which your technician will use to confirm the issue because completing your oven repair in Sherwood Park.
- Oven control board problem. If it isn’t your temperature sensor, it’s probably your oven control board. This interfaces with your temperature sensor to keep the heat in check. Without these two components in play, you’ll never get the perfect pound cake or tender turkey you want this Thanksgiving. Before you schedule your oven repair in Sherwood Park, consult your owner’s manual – some will have instructions to help you calibrate your oven control board yourself.
Whether you have found the issue or it’s still a mystery, the Paramount repair team can help. We’re fully insured, highly qualified, and offer same-day oven repair in Sherwood Park. Visit our about us page to learn more!